If you want to increase the efficiency of your law firm, we have a proposal that you can undertake.
Your staff might be too tied up in all the administrative work that your practice has to undertake. Outsourcing the management of administrative work like legal research services to a specialist can free up your staff and save your valuable time and money. Legal research along with legal documents retrieval would be the perfect candidate for outsourcing.
Key Elements of Documents Retrieval:
Document retrieval is a term that is used to refer to certain important processes such as
- Tracking down required public records
- Reclaiming these documents
- Duplicating official copies of the documents for further use in legal functions
- Handing in said documents on time to the law office
More than 50% of attorneys claim to have outsourced documents retrieval, legal research services and a lot other legal services. It saves them time and money that would otherwise be wasted doing it themselves. Documents retrieval business is a $1 billion industry, only set to grow further in the future.
Various Documents That Are Retrievable:
You can have a litigation support service provider track and acquire pretty much any court record, which includes:
- Certificate of death, divorce records, probate rulings, bankruptcies and other public records
- Records related to real estate, such as sales, foreclosures, and transfer of ownership
- Tax records
- Records related to patents and trademarks
- Research material related to law practices from archives and libraries
Retrieval of these would be a time consuming and cost incurring activity. You can outsource this task to a legal outsourcing company that is an expert. It will save you the time and money you’d otherwise be spending.
Methodology Behind Retrieval of Documents:
Each different kind of document is located in a different location. A variety of methods are used by the third-party document retrieval firms when your firm needs documents, such as:
- If a record is to be acquired from private individuals and corporate entities, a subpoena may be submitted.
- Record searches and requests via public agencies are available if birth/death certificates and other documents are required.
- Records related to bankruptcy, criminal activities and legal actions can be acquired through the court.
- Financial records may also be retrieved through appropriate forms and releases
- Relevant precedents that would be essential to your current cases can be acquired through outsourcing legal research and writing services.
You won’t be allowed to handle the original documents beyond a limited time period in certain cases. What you can then do is duplicate the documents and upload them on your private, secure network where your employees can access them. This will result in an increase in efficiency in the proceedings to follow.
Expertise Will Enhance Your Efficiency
Your law firm may not have the developed methodology that goes behind retrieving documents. Firms that provide litigation support services, with their expertise and experience in the field, will allow your legal proceedings to go much faster and smoother. Your key employees will be freed up, allowing breathing room for them. Not only that, your service to your clients will reach a higher level of satisfaction and create stronger bonds between your firm and your clients.
Documents retrievable can be quite complex, along with requirement time and cost input, any misstep would only result in further loss of time and money. Delegating this very vital process to a firm that is trustworthy, has years of experience, and expert case handling will alleviate a lot of stress from your firm and allow you to focus more on your core legal activities. Your firm will be able to deal with cases at a quicker pace, with more accuracy which will allow you to take on new clients and cases. Achieving higher levels of efficiency and excellence will set you apart from your competition and let you set the bar for them to live up to.
Contact Legal Support World at +1 646-688-2821 to discuss all your outsourcing requirements with us. We are a well-recognized company offering world-class legal support services to law firms and attorneys worldwide.