“I want to attract more clients”- Dream of every business owner. And the ultimate solution to excel in the market is “Offer quality service to clients at a much cheaper price.”
Even the legal industry has the same goal and strategy to acquire more clients. But why are they still lagging behind? In a field where competency is essential, legal firms and other business entities often have intricacy meeting that certain demand due to the shooting rates of legal professionals.
As consumers keep scaling down the prices, legal firms are also looking for strategic options that would help them squirrel their money while ensuring that the quality of their work is sustained or enhanced. As the end result, many law firms explored the benefits of offshoring some of their legal tasks to legal process outsourcing.
Offshore Legal Process Outsourcing Market
The unavoidable global pandemic that has affected several industries is projected to have an impact on the legal industry growth. A recent survey report delivers insights on COVID-19 and how its effects resulted in changes in consumer behavior and demand, current market forces and dynamics, and notable interventions of governments. The global legal market size for process outsourcing is expected to reach a CAGR of 31.8% by 2025, which was $5.2 bn in 2018. According to one recent research by Grand View Research Inc, the LPO industry is likely to grow up to $38.25 bn, while eDiscovery might witness the highest growth by 2025.
What Terms LPO Contribute to the Market Growth of Legal Firms?
Faith and the positive metaphor of the firm are the greatest factors to acquire, attract and retain new and existing clients. Legal matters are very delicate as the data shared by the clients should be handled carefully with safety by the legal institutions. Moreover, clients choose a trustworthy lawyer and hand over their case.
In such scenarios, offshore legal process outsourcing help law firms in providing quality service by increasing their productivity and operational efficiency. It enables them to focus on their core legal aspects and fulfill their client’s demands. The legal professionals are afraid of losing their jobs, as in 2015, 79,000 legal jobs based in the U.S were estimated to move offshore.
Offshore legal process outsourcing firms have highly qualified professionals that work as per requirement, thereby enabling law firms to focus more on understanding the clients’ case and improving relationships with them.
Is Offshoring a Viable Option?
Offshoring is defined as “The moving of various operations of a company to another country for reasons such as lower labor costs or more favorable economic conditions in that other country.” India, Philippines, and China are the main hubs providing outsourcing services to various industries across the world at cost-effective prices.
It’s been years now, many law firms prefer offshore legal process outsourcing services to streamline their non-core legal process, but still, some of the legal firms hesitate to do so. As they misbelief that getting jobs done outside their own country can be risky with concern for confidentiality and security of data, the difference in legal systems and regulatory policies, and different languages being used. They consider onshoring or nearshoring as still a better choice.
Since it doesn’t pare the cost as wages of those service providers are similar to the in-house team. This means that onshoring is a productive option as they only give law firms time to manage their core aspects but don’t help them to reduce their costs. On the other hand, offshoring helps you save money by improving your relationship with your clients.
Pros and Cons of Legal Outsourcing
As every rose has thorns, in the same way, there are advantages and few disadvantages of offshoring legal services.
Let’s start with the pros:
- Cost Saving – In America and European countries, hiring a professional paralegal or litigator to perform certain legal tasks with respect to their field of knowledge costs a lot more compared to the lawyers of India. This enables law firms to offshore their legal tasks that too an affordable cost, which helps them to increase profit margins and improve business efficiency.
- Available 24/7- By offshoring, you can gain the advantage of different time zones. For example, if you outsource to India, your night is India’s day, so you can get round-the-clock services for your outsourced tasks and stay ahead of your competitors.
- Better Focus on Core Business Tasks – With offshoring legal services, you can easily focus on your core operations, including understanding the case, meeting with clients, going for trials in court, and a lot more.
- Greater Growth Capacity – Growing your firm will require you to focus on productive tasks rather than worrying about the extra salary expenditures. Through off-shore outsourcing, you are able to cut manpower and infrastructure costs, along with getting professional expertise to manage your unproductive tasks.
- Ample Future Planning Time – If you focus too much on the daily operations and those too which can be outsourced, you will be restricting yourself from dreaming big. Outsourcing provides you with ample time to leave these back office tasks for litigation, contract management, legal research and writing to third-party experts and utilize the time in planning something big for the future.
- Improved Work-Life Balance – When you try to manage everything on your own, you will be putting additional efforts during the day and night too. Hiring a freelance attorney and outsourcing the legal back-office tasks will sort things out for you in a timely manner, helping you maintain your work-life balance.
- Get Hold of the Desired Cases – There are multiple times when you will require additional professional expertise to keep your clients satisfied. There is no need to refer such desired cases to others due to the unavailability of professional assistance. The reason is outsourcing lets you enjoy the professional expertise of an experienced attorney, making you get hold of the cases you like.
- Increased Output – In order to increase your output, you need to invest more effort and time. However, this becomes limited when you are trying too hard yourself. Outsourcing extends the number of efforts on your behalf, eventually increasing your work productivity and overall outcome.
Here are a few cons:
- Cultural Obstacles– Offshoring work to the international market leads to cultural and language barriers that could affect communication between onshore and offshore teams.
- Hidden Costs– Most of the time, law firms face hidden cost difficulties while outsourcing, including employee turnover, quality control, vendor profit margins, or rising operating costs. You should ask your provider to provide you with a detailed list of their costs for your awareness.
But choosing that one reliable partner is essential from so many options available in the market. Be strong with your decision and keep all the aspects in mind before offshoring with LPO Company.
If you are looking for a reliable LPO firm in India, then look no further than Legal Support World. It is one of the leading legal process outsourcing firms helping lawyers and law firms across the world with their reliable legal services. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +1 646 688 2821.
How Your Company can Grow with Legal Process Outsourcing? – Infographic